Friday, September 17, 2010

i hold a western digital tough drive and an settle to usb connector and window xp can't find it . Help?

I am running gateway 835gm, Intel processor D 820, intel945chipset, 250GB SATA HD, 1024ram, Nvidia 6200le graphics card. I bought usb 2.0 to settle cable from geeks.com because i have an antiquated hard drive from Emachines- western digital wd1200 and i required to connect to my gateway as an external storage hard drive. my window XP pro sp2 won't find the device. any suggestions?

i hold a western digital tough drive and an settle to usb connector and window xp can't find it . Help?

make sure that the matured HD is empty and have no OS on it, also check the jumper article and make sure it is set to slave, if xp still wont find it after that, later you may be unable to use it as it may be unsupported
I can present you a link that deal with tricky drive problems.

Some drive problems can be easily fixed by yourself using slickly available tools. I found the info at http://fixit.in adjectives. Try this site, if you can get what is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment