Friday, September 17, 2010

I enjoy ATA drives, I want to buy an IDE, can I?

In my Specifications for my computer it shows that I own 2 serial ATA DVD/CD drive slots. I currently have one slot chock-a-block, but the device is crap now and I want to replace it. I want to buy a DVD-RW burner i.e. listed as IDE. Can I use this drive or will it not work? Thanks.

I enjoy ATA drives, I want to buy an IDE, can I?

Hello:



Most motherboards support both SATA and IDE interfaces. The best passageway to find out would be to open up your valise and look at the mother board. if you have any slots that support the wide/flat ribbon to be exact used to connect hard drives and cd drives, after you can easily remove your SATA drive and simply connect the DVD drive into the IDE slot. You own the opportunity to piggy back two devices (master/slave) using one ribbon but do not piggy hindmost your DVD onto your hard drive cable (if your complicated drive is IDE). all motherboards that support IDE will hold two slots, use one for hard drives and the other for cd and dvd drives.



im almost positive your motherboard will enjoy an IDE slot if it supports SATA as SATA came after IDE. most OEM and retail DVD drives will come near the ribbon cable needed to hook it up.



good luck truck rental rates

No comments:

Post a Comment