Friday, September 17, 2010

I hold an os on one drive. I want to setup mirroring beside a foray card. How do I set it up in need losing notes.

Also, i enjoy a 160 gig wd1600 and a 160 see wd1600jb. these should still work with robbery right?. i think the solitary difference is the cache size on the drive.

I hold an os on one drive. I want to setup mirroring beside a foray card. How do I set it up in need losing notes.

typically, any existing data will be lost when you progress to create the raid volume. as division of the initialization process, all of the disk member of the volume will be formatted, turning it into one large mugging set. as for the difference in the two drives, abstractly, it *should* work. but, it's always outstandingly recommended that raid sets be created using the same drives. the best thing to do past trying, is to contact the manufacturer of the assault card & ask them if they support drives w/ different cache sizes.
The computer should pick up the RAID card and figure out what you're trying to do. In that defence, you can navigate to my computer--manage--disk storage. If you right-click on the second (empty, right?) drive, the option to mirror will be present. It take a while to fully mirror.



However, if you have any doubts-- I don't know much roughly your current setup --contacting the vendor support of the RAID drive would be a obedient thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment