Friday, September 17, 2010

I hold an mature Pentium 2 (350 MHz). I want to install better drivers for its PCI video card...?

but I don't know what video card it have...



It's very meaningful I install better drivers, because the resolution with the Standard drivers that come next to Windows 98 SE is very poor and the colours are also poor...



How can I find out what card I own (drivers for Windows 98 SE)



Thank you!

I hold an mature Pentium 2 (350 MHz). I want to install better drivers for its PCI video card...?

Go into device manager.click on display cards and see your model.
Look at the numbers on the big chip on the vid card, if it have a fan, you might enjoy to remove it.



You can also look on the vid card board itself for numbers or a manufacturer designation.



Search online for the numbers, and you will probably be able to find what it is, and what driver to use for it.



Don't expect a massive difference though.
download Everest from here --> http://www.lavalys.com/

its a great system information utility that will show you low-level (DMI) info nearly your mobo sound net video etc...
upgrade to xp it has better video drivers but you may hold to go to an agp card
coastmemory.com will scan and bestow you current settings and offer compatible upgrades for a believable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment