Friday, September 17, 2010

I enjoy an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard. I want to upgrade my CPU, but dont know which ones are compatible..

I currently am running at 2.1Ghz but would close to to upgrade... Also, my CPU is running at around 57C when idle.. is that everyday? Do you have any suggestions for upgrading to a water-cooled system? Where can I gain one for cheap?

I enjoy an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard. I want to upgrade my CPU, but dont know which ones are compatible..

Hi. That is the board and processor I use. Great combo! I run a Thermaltake Big Water system http://www.overclockercafe.com/reviews/c... and use a non-conductive fluid (PC Ice). My CPU is overclocked to 3200+ speed, is stable, runs F@H at 51-53C. 57C at idle resources inadequate cooling. Look at after open market HSF units. I have used a Volcano 9 with upright luck but the fan is a bit loud. Thats why I go with solution cooling. The AMD Athlon XP 3200+ is the fastest processor that your board will support. You might consider DDR400 RAM (PC3400), also supported by the ASUS board, as an upgrade. Good luck!



Edit: Have you tried Arctic Silver thermal paste to boost the contact of the heat sink next to the CPU die? Worked well for me.
dude, if u dont know languish temps, dont even start messing with sea cooling, ur just gonna screw it up....
You might know how to go beside an Athlon 3300+ (I think that's the fastest Socket A Athlon in attendance is). 57c is quire hot, try cleaning out the dust from your heatsink or get a better heatsink/fan. I know TigerDirect have water-cooling kits, pretty well brought-up prices too.
equipment rental cost

No comments:

Post a Comment